Walking is one of the best exercises that a person can do on a regular basis. For pregnant women, walking can provide several health benefits such as relief from depression and anxiety, boost in mood, etc. However, it is recommended not to overdo it, because exercising or walking too much during pregnancy is always injuries to health. According to some reputed women’s health experts in Northern Beaches, walking for at least for 30 minutes when pregnant is more than enough. Stated below are some health benefits that an expectant mother can reap by walking regularly, have a look –
1. Relieves stress – Stress is common in pregnant women and it triggers frequent mood swings, ranging from anxiety and depression to happiness. This generally occurs due to hormonal changes. Walking helps to release endorphins, which are “feel good” hormones in the human body. These endorphins can boost up the mood of an expectant mother, especially if you she is having a bad day.
2. Decreases the risk of gestational diabetes – During pregnancy, women have to suffer from high blood pressure, which increases the risks of contracting type 2 diabetes after delivery. It also increases the possibilities of pre term labour. Walking can help to keep the weight of the body under control. It also reduces the probability of developing gestational diabetes.
3. Healthy baby – Who doesn’t want a healthy and happy baby? In order to make sure that baby is born fit and fine, having a walk for at least half an hour everyday is important for an expectant mother. It can also help to control the baby’s weight.
4. Relieves discomforts & aches – Women generally suffer from certain aches and discomforts such as lower back pain, muscle pains, headache, leg cramps, round ligament pain, etc. throughout their pregnancy stage. But a 30 minute walk on a regular basis can help to get rid of these problems.
5. High chances of normal delivery – Walking during pregnancy improves the body flexibility and tones up the hip muscles, which helps a pregnant woman to experience a easier, faster and pain free labor. It is advisable to have early morning walks in order to have a natural child birth.
Apart from the aforementioned perks, walking reduces the possibilities of developing fatigue, constipation, cramps, varicose veins, morning sickness, and sleeplessness as well. So in order to keep yourself as well as your baby healthy, always prefer to have a walk at least for 30 minutes in a day.